FINAL MUSIC VIDEO

FINAL MUSIC VIDEO

FINAL WEBSITE - Click the photo to go to the website.

Final Website

FINAL ALBUM COVER

Final Album Cover

Final Album Cover

Thursday 15 September 2011

Music & Me

Steps - 5, 6, 7, 8        


The reason I've chosen this song is mainly because the first ever concert I went to was a Steps one! I can clearly remember having to stand on the seat as my friend and I were too short, and we were so far back! But it wasn't any less enjoyable because of it. This song in particular is one I remember clearly, and although I definitely do not listen to their songs any more, I am not ashamed to say I did learn the dance routine...but then I was only about 6, so that's ok right? It was a great song to play at parties and I remember hearing it quite a few times, as Steps were everywhere, and at that age I remember being carefree and enjoying life which is what I feel this song reflects well.

Imogen Heap - Speeding Cars (2005)


I first heard this song when watching an episode of The O.C (a.k.a. the first american teen show I fell in love with). The O.C had many songs played throughout it's episodes, but this song immediately became one of my favourites after the first time of hearing it. It sparked my interest in less mainstream music, instead leading me towards more alternative music with less of a 'pop' feel to it which is what I had been previously listening to. I also grew to love a lot of Imogen Heap's music including 'Hide & Seek' which was also played on The O.C. I can clearly picture the scene which plays alongside it on the show (a graduation scene) and this is probably one of the main reasons why It's so important to me. It was when I was first discovering my interest in the media, with an emphasis on television and music and I find the music played in a scene is just as important as the dialogue. The lyrics also can be reflected on my life at the time 'it's just textbook stuff, it's in the ABC of growing up' and although not all the lyrics fit with my life, the song is still incredible moving. This song was in the show in 2005 which was when I first joined Latymer, it was a real sign of progression for me as my taste in music became more individual similarly to me as a  person.

Barcelona - Falling Out Of Trees


The third and final song I have chosen to represent the latest stage of my life is a song by Barcelona who are one of my favourite bands. I find this song to be extremely emotive and the singer makes you feel what he's singing about. I feel this song reflects my life at the moment because I (and everyone else in my year) will be moving on to somewhere different soon, and I think that this song is about trying to deal with that independence, and trying to find your own place in the world. When you leave home for the first time, I can imagine that is does feel like falling, and although in the song they talk about wanting to go home, and back into their 'tree' I feel that you need to face your fears to be able to get through life. The fear in this song is what I think makes it most effective and allows me to relate it to my life, no matter what the situation. This song also reflects my current music taste which is much more alternative, and I enjoy listening to unknown, smaller bands such as Safetysuit and artists such as Andrew Belle who put a lot of emotion into their music, which in my opinion makes it a more enjoyable listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment